We’re looking for someone like you!
With the re-launch of the Regent Park RFC program this fall, TIRF is looking for mentors interested in working with young people! Mentees are between the ages of 15-22 and live in or identify with the Regent Park community.
Help us deliver on our mission of transforming the lives of young people through rugby. Through your support and active engagement, together we can build community through rugby.
WHY BECOME A MENTOR?
Mentors provide guidance, advice, feedback, and support to the mentee, serving variously as role model, teacher, counselor, advisor, sponsor, advocate, and/or ally, depending on the specific goals and objectives negotiated with the mentee. Mentors:
· Offers Mentees Someone who listens and Provides Constructive Feedback
· Provides Insights, Knowledge, Encouragement, and Motivation
· Help set focused Goals and keep mentees Accountable
· Accelerates and Enhances Growth
· Builds Connections Who You Will Be Mentoring:
As a mentor, you will be partnered with either a “Regent Park RFC – Sports Counsellor” or a “Youth Advisory Committee” member. A Regent Park RFC Sport Counsellor is responsible for the promotion, delivery, and execution of TIRF’s non-contact rugby curriculum, programming, and end-of-season event. Whereas a Youth Advisory Committee member is a youth (age 15-19) who is voluntarily responsible for the oversight of and planning of this project.
The full volunteer description can be viewed here.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
Acceptance Notification: November 3, 2023
Virtual Onboarding: November 9, 2023
· Week 1 (November 9th – 7 PM – 8 PM): TIRF admin virtual meeting with mentors / On-boarding.
· Week 1 (November 11th – 12 PM – 2 PM): Meet with mentee + Ice breaker activities.
· Week 2 (November 25th – 12 PM – 2 PM): Focus on mentee’s interests and setting future goals.
· Week 3 (December 9th – 12 PM – 4 PM): Mentor + Mentee Celebration + TIRF social.
ABOUT REGENT PARK RFC
This is a NEW flag rugby program offering economic empowerment, employment, skill building, and leadership development through rugby. You can learn more about Regent Park RFC here.