On Thursday, August 17, TIRF was in York to host a FREE End of Summer Festival. The festival took place at the Esther Shiner Civic Stadium and was a full day of outdoor rugby-orientated games, and carnival-inspired activities will leave your campers with a truly memorable summer camp experience.
The day was designed with age- and skill- appropriate activities for girls and boys between the ages of 6 to 14 to play games flag tag, flag rugby, and ultimate rugby. Check out our photos from the festival and read our frequently asked questions below.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS:
Metro | Pizza Pizza | Wimpy’s Diner | David’s Tea | Boston Pizza | Whole Foods
TIRF York Summer Festival
When: Thursday, August 17, 2017
Where: Esther Shiner Civic Stadium
5720 Bathurst St,
North York, ON M2R 3W2
TTC bus routes that travel to Esther Shiner Civic Stadium are:
Finch Station: Bus #36
Wilson Station: Bus #160
Bathurst Station: Bus #7
10:00 – 10:30 am: Camp arrival and registration
10:45 am: Introductions and opening statements
11:00 am: Activities begin
*Lunch integrated into activities schedule*
2:25 – 2:40 pm: Awards ceremony and closing remarks
2:45 pm: Day concludes
Mikhail Jeremiah, Mikhail.Jeremiah@TIRFrugby.ca
- What is the TIRF York Summer Festival? – a communal gathering of summer camps and community members from across Scarborough to celebrate and promote the sport of rugby, as well as healthy living though an active lifestyles. A variety of fun and inclusive activities will run throughout the day, and prizes will be awarded.
- Will food be provided? — Snacks: yes. Lunch: please bring your own
- Water? – Yes, the City of Toronto will be bringing the H20 to Go Trucks. Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- What should kids bring? – Sunscreen, reusable water bottle if they have, running shoes and athletic clothes.
- What activities will be there? Variety of both rugby-focused and multi-sport games, and activities such as face-painting, temporary tattooing, and a bouncy castle!
- Is rugby dangerous? All games are fully non-contact, and First Aid volunteers will be on site as a precaution for any minor injuries.
0 comments on “York Festival”